Old August 1st 12, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_5_]

Default Need Ideas for Cat Anniversary

"Christina Websell" wrote
in message ...

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
Thursday will mark one year since I got my little Russian
Blue kitty Niobe.
Like Emma, she was a CraigsList acquisition.

I'm trying to figure out something nice to do for her. After
the first couple
of months, where she was eating everything in sight and
bulking up
substantially (I think the previous folks underfed her), she
isn't
particularly picky or gluttonous about food. So there's
nothing obvious to
feed her as a treat.

About her most blatant like is destroying cardboard, strange
as it sounds.
Almost every box in the house - and I'm quite a pack rat -
has been shredded.
I'm thinking about finding her a nice big cardboard box to
ruin. But perhaps
someone here will come up with an off-the-wall idea for an
unfamiliar cat.

I've posted this before, but here's a picture of Niobe up on
my big ten-foot
stepladder.

http://www.ocrebels.com/NiobeOnLadderResized.jpg

Art

get her a small cardbox box with holes for her arms to poke in
with some nip inside. That should amuse her for a while.
If she likes the nip of course. Kitty FC was immune to it. It
did nothing for her.
Boyfie will occasionally rub his head on a sock I fill with
nip for him but he doesn't get out of his head on it. He is
such a serious earnest boy I would love him to get really
stoned occasionally

maybe add some ping-pong balls in that box ;-)