Old August 4th 12, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default Need Ideas for Cat Anniversary

On 8/3/2012 4:38 PM, MaryL wrote:

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message

Thursday will mark one year since I got my little Russian Blue kitty Niobe.
Like Emma, she was a CraigsList acquisition.

I'm trying to figure out something nice to do for her. After the first
couple
of months, where she was eating everything in sight and bulking up
substantially (I think the previous folks underfed her), she isn't
particularly picky or gluttonous about food. So there's nothing obvious to
feed her as a treat.

About her most blatant like is destroying cardboard, strange as it sounds.
Almost every box in the house - and I'm quite a pack rat - has been
shredded.
I'm thinking about finding her a nice big cardboard box to ruin. But
perhaps
someone here will come up with an off-the-wall idea for an unfamiliar cat.

I've posted this before, but here's a picture of Niobe up on my big
ten-foot
stepladder.

http://www.ocrebels.com/NiobeOnLadderResized.jpg

Art

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Duffy's favorite toy (other than his cat trees and climbing poles) is a
Turbo Scratcher. Unlike most toys, this one has continued to be a favorite
ever since I adopted him nine years ago. I hear him playing on it every
day. Here's one site where you can see it:
http://www.amazon.com/Bergan-Turbo-S.../dp/B000IYSAIW

MaryL

We used to have one of these. Cats loved it, but Lizzie (or Ping) would
pee on the cardboard insert... and then Ernie and Moe learned how to get
the ball out of the track and it eventually vanished into the black hole
that cat toys (and single socks) have a habit of finding their way to...

The two cats learned to remove the ball in different ways, too: Ernie, a
big boy at 18~ lbs, would simply take the ball in his mouth and pick it
up... Moe, much smaller at a svelte 6-7 lbs, would hold the ball in
place with her mouth, and use her two front paws on either side of the
ball to wedge it up and out of the track.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY