Old May 13th 06, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default NEW UPDATE Petrus purrs

On 2006-05-12 20:45:34 -0500, Jeanne Hedge said:

Natasha was just relieved when it was all said and done, though it
took her a couple days to recover.

Purrs for Petrus, your mom, and everyone else involved.

that is good to know. She was still worried earlier today as he was
still looking uncomfortable, although this evening she says he is
acting better.

Natasha did nothing but lay around for a couple days after, although
she was eating and drinking a little, especially after the first day.
TED had to give her an enema to clean her out, and it took several
days before she had a BM again. She was also dehydrated (from the
straining to move the blockage, I think), and I'm certain that
contributed to her post-treatment lethargy (though TED also gave her
an IV and other medicines to help with that). And then there's the
just plain indignity of having some human sticking fingers up one's
butt of course!

I'd keep an eye on him, but as long as he's looking and acting like he
feels better I think he's probably ok. As I noted though, if TED
emptied Petrus out really well, I wouldn't expect any BMs for a few
days.

Well, mom got some flowers yesterday that came in a box. She left it on
the floor and reports Petrus and Tycho played with the box All.Night.
Long. So I think he is feeling better!