Old November 19th 04, 03:59 AM
Yoj

I'm really sorry to hear this, Tweed. You have to decide for yourself
what to do. I'm afraid I'd send one last email explaining my stand and
why I couldn't tolerate that sort of thing. Then unless she stopped
trying to "convert" me, I'd block her email. I know it would hurt to do
that, but it may be the only solution.

((((((((((Tweed))))))))))))

Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
I'm very upset. I've mailed for quite a few years to an American

woman that
I knew from my chicken group. We got on pretty well.
Last year she forwarded me a mail that I considered to be racist, but

it was
only a few hours before I was due to fly to visit my German friend, so

mailed a disapproving reply and said I'd like to discuss it with her

when I
got back. I never did.

A few weeks ago she started to forward me pro-Bush mails. Well, I'm

sorry,
but he seems to be a bit shall we say intellectually challenged, so I

said
so.

But now, she is sending what seems to some sort of fundamental

Christian
mails to me. Extremely racist, homophobic and right wing. I have
challenged her on every mail and she just got cross and said I was a

stupid
liberal. There is more, but I won't bore you with it. I just won't

have
her tell me that she refuses to let anyone into America and if so they

must
speak English. For G's sake. If she was true to her word she ought

speak Native American. It isn't her country, after all.

I told her I don't want to have a friend who thinks like this. She

told me
she doesn't want to have a friend that is ineducable about what is

going on
in America.

It will be painful for me to fall out with her, but I cannot tolerate

racist and bigot. She thinks she is right, and I think I am right.
I can't see that being a racist and a bigot is right in any country.

She
quotes the Bible at me. I told her that I didn't think God was a

bigot.
This is hard for me. We have been friends, and we are falling out

about
Bush. That was the first thing. I'll never compromise about the

other
racism and homophobic stuff.
It might be the end of our friendship.

Tweed