Old July 5th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ralph

Default fleas

My 17 year old cat (DSH), living in a basement apartment, now has her first
case of fleas. Likely she's had them for a while, but I saw the first one
while combing her Friday.

I got some "Zodiac spot on", and applied it yesterday, and already she's
more comfortable, and scratched bare spots are healing. I comb her
regularly, and she not only tolerates it, but comes and expects it. She's
not dumb, and knows it helps.
At her age, she can't do the thorough grooming she used to.

I met a man at the pet store who said this was only the first step, and I'd
need to spend a lot more money to keep the infestation at bay. Although I
liked what he said, I didn't like the cost, and checked prices at Petsmart.

The 'spot on' was $3 cheaper there, but they didn't carry the spray for the
carpets, that I was actually looking for.

I guess I'll have to check around.