Old June 24th 04, 11:32 AM
icarus

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:07:59 +0100, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
icarus ) said,
For goodness sake, ... hit her. not hard but enough so she knows its

wrong.
cats are amoral, avaricious and aggessive. you have to train them.

gently,
firmly but don't hurt them tho.

It's completely unnecessary to strike a cat to train it.

Laura

so once you have explained to the cat that its wrong and discussed the
morality of hurting others.... what do you do then ? I'm not talking about
hurting the cat, simply a clear indication of displeasure. My female cat
hits my male cat with her claws in to indicate displeasure so why shouldn't
you ?