Old June 11th 05, 06:55 PM
W. Leong

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
ups.com...

This will sound stupid (I'm getting good at that), have you changed
your dish soap? Here is my experience with cats afraid of their food
dishes:

My Barnabus has a two sided dish, one side always has dry, the other
gets a bit of dry mixed with a teaspoon of tuna and hot water for
dinner. Every other day, I wash the dish out even though it never
appears dirty. I noticed that Barnabus started acting weird around his
dish (like you describe), and he's my big boy who adores his "stinky"
(what we call their food). Could not figure it out. My DH figured it
out. I had changed the dish soap I was using. I always rinsed really
well, but apparently the soap was leaving a "flowery" scent on the
porous plastic dish. I went back to the "old" dish soap and he was
fine again.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

I just use hot water to wash out Rusty's dishes. Don't use any dish soap.
I am always afraid the any soap residue is bad for him. I also use a
dish cloth exclusively for his dish and I wash his dish seperately from
mine.

Winnie