Old May 30th 12, 07:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default cat and hot weather

Takayuki wrote:

On Sun, 27 May 2012 16:11:31 -0400, ann791 wrote:
We are having temp in the 80's and had to put in the AC in the bedroom
window yesterday. We have a cat door in the bedroom door. Last night
Lucy Lu comes up on the bed and snuggles down against my side.

Where was she in the winter when it was cold and it would have been nice
to have her there? Down stairs in her bed.

I also evict kitties from laps and cuddles with greater frequency when the
weather is hot.

If your kitties even want to cuddle with you in hot weather, they must
really love you. I wouldn't have that problem - in hot weather, they're
a couple of uncuddly flat cats.

And I also catnap them and make them into teddy-cats when greater frequency
when it's cold.

The best times are spring and fall. That's when it's cool outside, but
not really cold enough to turn on the heat. Roxy is usually glued to me
during those months.

--
Joyce

I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.