Old March 23rd 17, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default How I Became An Ailurophile Without Really Trying (Ch. 1)

On 3/22/2017 3:55 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

I'm glad the closed-caption option is there!

Yeah, no kidding! It seems to be the standard now, and even old tv shows
have been "retrofitted" with captions. But once in a while I'll rent a DVD
that doesn't have them. It's a bummer especially if I was planning to watch
it while exercising. I have a treadmill (noisy) and a fan (noisy), and my
own hearing issues - so there's no way I can watch a show without captions
if I'm exercising.

I was nine/ten years old at the time and didn't have the patience for
the subtitles. Besides, it wasn't "American" television so I didn't
know any of the shows... except for 'Dark Shadows'. I remember watching
a few episodes because it was familiar. But at that age it was more fun
to play outside.

I understand that! That was true for me, too. I usually watched TV in the
evening after supper.

Joyce

It's a good thing about the closed captioning. Yes, it's standard. I
even had a couple of older TV's with that capability. You just have to
know how to turn it on.

Growing up, my brothers and I watched TV after school, before dinner.
Then homework. Finished homework and went outside to play until the
street lights came on.

As a military brat I lived in a lot of places. But no matter where,
there were always mothers calling for their kids to come inside at dusk.
We (kids) didn't watch TV at night until we got much older. Of
course, there was no cable then, either. Only three channels and the
parents decided what to watch. On the ONE television in the house. LOL
Different times...

Jill