Old August 23rd 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy

Default washing paws in water bowl

You may want to have a vet check him for his in and out of the litter
pan problem. As for putting his foot in the water dish - I think that
is the way he is drinking. I had a cat who did that with my coffee cup
- after it cooled down. She liked coffee. She never got over the
habit.

hamilton wrote:
Our 4-5 month old kitten has a new habit-- washing his paws in his
water bowl. He does this frequently, especially after visiting his
litterbox. I change his water frequently, since I think the litterbox
sand could poison his water, but I'm not always around. I also got him
a different water bowl but he still does it.

Is this behavior ok? Is this a passing stage of kittenhood?

He is also jumping in his litterbox frequently. I can;t tell if he's
playing or peeing a lot. If he's peeing, it's taking him longer than
usual and he's not producing much. I think he's playing, trying to pee
when there isn;t much to produce. Another stage of kittenhood or is it
time for a visit to the vet?

Thanks