Old August 23rd 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ryan Robbins

Default washing paws in water bowl

"Buddy" wrote in message
ups.com...
You may want to have a vet check him for his in and out of the litter
pan problem. As for putting his foot in the water dish - I think that
is the way he is drinking. I had a cat who did that with my coffee cup
- after it cooled down. She liked coffee. She never got over the
habit.

I concur. My family had a cat who never drank normally, she always splashed
the water in her dish and then scooped it into her paws and drank it that
way. It was funny, and I never got tired of watching.