Old July 30th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Da Boyz - Full Video

"CatNipped" wrote:

What's the advantage of doing that as opposed to posting it on my
web site?

After I temporarily enabled Flash Player, it worked great. I
definitely like being taken directly from here to there to view the
file. The fact there is no advertising makes it really very nice.

If you ever have bandwidth problems, or if you want to offer a bunch
of files for download and don't know of an easy way to do that from
your web site, then consider using a binaries group.

I enjoy downloading a file to my hard drive. For me that makes for
easier/convenient viewing. But I can probably do that from the link
you post, by changing a browser or QuickTime setting.

There are many possibilities. We aren't out of the woods yet.

I know the files are big (especially the last one I just uploaded) -
but that's probably I could do with my software if I could just
figure out how (I'm using a Kodak camera which saves it as an .mov,
and ArcSoft Showbiz DVD to change it into an .mpg).

Unless changing it to an MPG reduces file size, leave it as a MOV? My
browser opened it with QuickTime which is a MOV file player. QuickTime
is a free download for end users.

I looked at the settings but I don't see anywhere that I could
change the compression. I thought muting the sound might same some
file space, but it came out exactly the same size.

Just in case you didn't already know.
During recording with your Kodak camera, likely settings that affect
file size are movie size (like 320x240), frame rate (like 15 or more),
and movie length. After a quick glance, apparently my bottom-end Nikon
doesn't allow recording without sound. It does allow recording at
several different picture sizes, and at 15 or 30 frames per second.

Good luck and have fun.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Much thanks for the video.