Old May 17th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
val189

Default Newbie questions: What kind of pet carrier?

On May 6, 12:22 am, Newbie wrote:
[A very sweet stray or runaway cat has adopted us and we, ignorant of
all cat issues, are in panic. That's why I have a few posts each with a
question.]

First, we want to take her to a vet (Chicago area). She seems to have
no problems, just basic check up and shots. (She spends several hours
outdoors each day.)

What kind of pet carrier should I get that would be good for this
purpose as well as longer drives we may have to take later. In
particular, soft or hard? What kind do you use?

MY cat has a soft carrier for short trips to the vet, and a hard
carrier in case he has to be evacuated a long distance. It is large
enough for water and food bowls and can be stashed in a motel room and
give him a secure retreat. I would def. recommend both.