Old May 17th 08, 08:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats
-L.

Default Newbie questions: What kind of pet carrier?

On May 5, 9:22 pm, Newbie wrote:
[A very sweet stray or runaway cat has adopted us and we, ignorant of
all cat issues, are in panic. That's why I have a few posts each with a
question.]

First, we want to take her to a vet (Chicago area). She seems to have
no problems, just basic check up and shots. (She spends several hours
outdoors each day.)

What kind of pet carrier should I get that would be good for this
purpose as well as longer drives we may have to take later. In
particular, soft or hard? What kind do you use?

As a vet tech I hated the soft-sided carriers, if the cat was
difficult to handle, at all. The hard-sided ones can be opened and
stood on end so that the cat can be dropped in from above. They are
also much easier to clean. (Nothing like having to clean diarrhea out
of a soft carrier - it gets ruined...)

-L.