Old December 26th 04, 10:58 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

bonbon wrote:

I'm proud to be American.

I WAS, until our moronic majority actually ELECTED the
current idiot to the White House for a second term! What's
to be "proud of", now? Does the loss of the Bill of Rights
mean NOTHING to you? Or being systematically lied to by our
country's chief excutive, who insists upon the "truth" of
his own self-righteous preconceptions, in the face of all
objective evidence to the contrary? (Said evidence being
frequently ignored by the allegedly "impartial" news media,
except for the true believers in a free press, like Bill
Moyers - before PBS fired him.)

Until the election, I at least had faith in the American
PEOPLE, but now I think we deserve what we get. (And if you
honestly believe "it CAN'T happen here", read the Sinclair
Lewis novel by that title - or any number of other
cautionary tales, like Shirer's "Rise and Fall of the Third
Reich".)