Old December 9th 03, 11:50 PM
PawsForThought

From: (Mavalon)

What is used in diagnosing and confirming metabolic acidosis in a cat
with kidney problems? I have 5 blood readings over the past 3 months
that show consistently low carbon dioxide and consistently high anion
gap. The low C02 is in the low/normal range and the anion gap is in
the high/normal range, so the levels are not out of range, but any
literature I've found on MA says anything below 16-18 for C02. The
low range on the bloodwork is 12, which seems awfully low to me.
Kitty is showing signs of lethargy, weight loss, muscle wasting, and
reduced appetite. My suspicion is MA, but vet does not agree.
Can anyone help?

Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/yic3

Lauren