Old September 8th 03, 04:40 PM
bewtifulfreak

Paulina W wrote:
"Dave Humes" wrote in message

:.I think it's the eggs from the fleas.

To check if it really are flea eggs, just put some on a paper towel
and add a little alcohol. The flea eggs will dye the paper pink.
That's what the vet told (and showed) me once

Actually, that checks if it's flea droppings (blood)....that's why it dyes
the paper pink. But if you put it in water and it doesn't turn, then
it's probably something else. Just FYI, if you do see flea eggs lying
around, they will look and feel like grains of salt, and if you have it bad,
you'll sometimes see what looks like very small worms wriggling amongst
them, which are the larvae. But from the original post, as I said, because
the debris didn't turn red in water, sounds like it must be something else,
and therefore, I would have the vet check it out, since it could be a skin
problem or something else.

All the Best,
Ann

--