Old July 30th 05, 07:52 AM
Alison

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
Boyfriend likes to join me every morning when I feed the chickens,

to "help"
me. Suddenly there was a little skirmish near one of the huts. Then

BF took
off up the path towards the house and I could tell he had caught

something
and had it in his mouth.

He took it into the kitchen to show me. A young rat. He didn't

want to eat
it, just to show off about it. I praised him to the skies and put

the rat
in the trash bin. Yay, BF the rat catcher! What a great brave cat!

Tweed
it was a very small baby one but please don't mention that...

He's a brave boy There's a battery hen rescue on a Rescue forum
that rehomes ex battery hens. They make good pets and can happily live
in a suburban garden.
I did think about having a pair but decided not to in the end .
Alison