Old October 16th 16, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Default Jellicle Ball 2016 opens

Sundance and/or Rebecca wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

[Rebecca takes the stage in the main hall.]

Welkum kitteez an frenz to da 2016 Jellicle Ball. Wunce agin we
gatherz to rememfur owr departid frenz an lubbed wunz, an to injoy
eech uther's kumpany. Pleez be shur to sine da gestbuk an take one uv
da rainbow hankees dat Mosey haz bringed fur ussez. Mennee uv owr noo
frenz heer iz not familyer wif da kustomz uv da Jellicle Ball, so
pleez hewp dem if dey haz kweschunz or iznt shur whut to do.

Wunce agin we haz bin blessed to find a wunnerful place to hab dis
yeer'z festiviteez. Dis place haz seed tragedy resintly, an yet it iz
rekuvverin. We haz made noo frenz heer, frenz dat we hope will find
kumfurt in owr serrymoniez an sellybrashunz.

I will now explane da skejool uv eventz fur dis eevnin. In a fyoo
momintz, Daisy-chan will agin onner owrownselvez wif da callin uv
namez. Dis iz a list uv da luvved wunz dat haz leeved ussez an haz
not bin called at a preevius Ball, an it iz da central event of da
Ball. After dat, yoo iz all welkum to giv a "tribyoot", which iz a
liddle speech abowt a departid luvved wun. It werkz bestest if eech
noo tribyoot iz in a noo thred.

Durin dis time, dere will be fudz served in da dining hall. Dere iz
TV skreenz dere so dat we kan see an heer da tribyoots wile we eetz.
Dis yeer Fluffykitz haz purrvided fudz fur mennee more diet
rekwiremintz dan uzual, so dat dere iz sumfing fur awl owrown noo
frenz. Yoo may like to try sum of da fudz dat we haznt had befur.

A liddle later dere will also be mewsik fur dansin, purrvided by M.
Hercule Lenoir. Later still, arown midnite, we lukz up at da sky to
see if da Rainbow Bridge will appeer, wif owr departid luvved wunz
frum dis yeer an preevius yeerz lukkin down on ussez. Wun of owrown
tradishunz iz to sing "Cat Anjil" to dem, an dey offin singz bak to
ussez.

Finulee, juss befur sunrize, I will annowntz da final callin of
namez, an Daisy-chan will reed dem wun last time. If yoo wantz ennee
name added to dis yeer's list, Daisy-chan will need it befur dis time.

Yoo mite like to remind yurown hoomin sekkaterriez dat da Ball iz on
RPCC time, which iz difurent frum hoomin time. Wile da Ball takes
place in wun day an nite of kitty time, it kud be sefural dayz of
hoomin time. Yoo wud not want yurown hoomin to stop postin fur yoo
too soon!

An now, pleez lissen respeckfullee wile Daisy-chan callz dis yeer'z
names.

[Rebecca goes to sit beside Hercule.]

To the side, a dapper tan beagle mix male climbs to a small stand so he
can be seen by all. To the far end, a little beagle tri-color female
does the same.

[A small white cat with emerald eyes glances at the crowd and nods.
It is time. She is wearing an amber necklace with a small pendant of a
winged green garden snake. She climbs the dais and reaches the podium
as the moon slips above the horizon to shine softly onto the
participants.]

Guests and others who have lost loved ones, fall silent. She sets her
list down and looks straight to the guests as she reads it in braille
with her paws. At the side, two dogs repeats it in ASL-C/D. They are
well lit by the moon.

Good evening, sirs and ma’am’s, and a special thank you to the
residents of this wonderful place, Magical in it's survival.

Welcome, all, to the twenty first annual Jellicle Ball!

Each October, at sundown of the evening of the first full moon, we
gather to pay tribute to our dear ones who have taken their final
journey in the year just past.

With hearts full of sorrow and abiding love, we treasure the memories
of the time they shared and the memories which are forever ours.

Much richer for having known and loved, much better for the lessons
learned, we smile despite our grief.

As always, the first name called represents those whose names we did
not know, those lost or tossed, taken through illness or abuse or
nature's fury.

We stand in silent thought, and send our hopes that they have found
peace and love at last.

[There is a short pause, then guests rise in memory. Light of the moon
shines over all.]

We call their names, family members, dear friends, respected
strangers...our Jellicle Honorees:

Unknown Kitties, House of Bast

OEJ, House of Asher/Grass
Trudi, House of Asher/Grass
Chester, House of Barnes
Houdini, house of Barnes
Piglett, House of Barnes
Matilda Marie, House of Batson
Sapphire Samurai, House of Bodel
Sapphire Samarai, House of Buzard
Durango, House of Catling
Caspar, House of Claudette
Dipper, Huse of Claudette
Angel, House of Condon
Joe, House of David
Lady Jane Grey, House of David
Tony, House of Dowden
Merry, House of Dunn
Mia, house of Gary
Marmy, House of Gilliat
Sugar, House of Hogarty
Spicey, House of Kirt
Chester, House of Mahoney
Harri Roadcat, House Mahoney
Jessie James, house of Mahoney
BriarRose, House of McIntyre
Chicory Clair, House of McIntyre
Heather, House of MyIntyre
Petunia, House of McIntyre
Violet, House of Mcintyre
Willow, House of McIntyre
Anadriel, House of Miller
Ghost, House of Miller
Pepper, House of Miller
Un-named kittens, House of Miller
Joey, House of Owens
Melissa, House of Patterson
Peanut, House of Rankin
Wicca, House of Rennie
Quattro, House of Rennie
Secret, House of Rennie
Spook aka Kitty, House of Rita
Jacob Joseph (Herbie), House of Stott
Sara, House of Sheldon
Chance, House of Stapley
Ignatious, House of Turner
Keylala, House of Turner
Squeex, House of Waterman
Sluggo, House of Weese
Moon, House of Weinberger
Tuscan (Toosie), House of Wikler-Cook
Shopkat, House of Wright

[A moment of silence with weeping guests ensues then a paw raises a
glow stick over the podium]

The podium is now yours my friends. Please step forward with any
tributes you wish to give.