Old April 26th 04, 11:16 PM
good golly Ms Molly

Kristine Kochanski wrote:

Like Alison said, you get good ones and bad ones. I don't doubt any of
the breeders at the show I visited loved their cats, but I can't
understand how having a cat in a cage for hours (and the stress of
being driven there)

all of my cats will get into the car if they get a chance and enjoy
being taken for a drive. No stress at all.

Some
breeds obviously are more docile and handle the experience better, but
cats in general do not like being trapped in a strange environment and
stared at.

I don't tink you were looking properly at the cats. I think you decided
what they were feeling and made your mind up on that basis.

I can;t see how they would. Cats are territorial animals and feel very
uncomfortable to downright scared on any new territory.

Show cats are very used to the routine and not at all stressed. They
have their own blanket and litter and the owner is nearby.
And if that new
territory contains millions of other strange cats,

Bloody hell what show was this were a million cats were being
exhibited?????
I can just imagine what
exactly poor cat is thinking and feeling, terrified and stressed!

Do not anthropomorphise.
So I fail to understand breed shows as well, and who exactly benefits from
them.

Thanks for your comments! I half expected to be flamed...

Happy to oblige :0)

However I do like to watch agility shows.

Awww those poor doggies being *frced* to run about and get their legs
jarred when the seesaw bangs down, and being forced to weave and bend
and go through tunnels when everyone knows that dogs hate going into
dark tunnels and would prefer to be at home on familiar ground. The
stress of going in the car for hours and being at big noisy scary show
halls is simply cruel. They bark and yelp in panic all the way round the
course.

I watched a programme on TV about police dogs the other week and was
in total awe of the job those dogs do. They obviously do get a kick
out of working and being rewarded.

They do indeed. They get a kick, or jerked with the choke chain or
hanged till they go unconscious. Shame when one of them died from it a
few years back isn't it? But you are sure they enjoy it all just like
you are sure the cats don't enjoy it.
That's a totally different thing to
sticking them in a box and deciding whether they're 'better' than the
one down the next row.

They get stuck in a sack and beaten into submission, but I'm sure they
enjoy it really.