Old December 30th 03, 08:41 PM
Luvskats00

pam (Mary)

There is medication for the bully cat to help him relax, plus Feliway. I'd
also
try to play with the bully a lot to tire him out. Then I'd let the bully
smell
the blankie of the new cat to get used to his smell. I'd brush them both with
the same brush.....

Thanks for the response. I failed to mention that I originally posted (for
help) when I first brought the new cat home - 7-8 weeks ago. I listened to all
advice - many conflicting w/each other. Do this/don't do this, etc. I kept the
cats separated...put toys-towels w/smells of the other cat, brushed 'em w/the
same brush. Let them meet for short periods, etc.

Tried Feliway..no luck. Advised (by newsgroup members) to drug resident cat.
Didn't feel that was OK.

Both cats have slept together for short periods (up to 90 minutes) in the same
room. That's a good sign. Recent crisis - pipe broke in kitchen wall caused all
sorts of panic. Cabinets had to be taken down/dishes all over the place. I had
to put paper up by the plaster so cat couldnt' get to the wet wall.
Cleaned/scrubbed entire kitchen so cat could at least go there without me
getting hysterical about a health hazard. Also, I decided on moving to a bigger
place - one w/2 or more bedrooms. Things will work out. New cat is a
darling..very loving.