Old August 16th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default A good recipe to cook cats?

He's not worth the effort. The cooked cat recipe bit has been done
over and over and this one isn't even a good version of it. He has a
long way to go to catch up to the muu muu man.

Pam S.

But I have the BEST Kitty Litter Cake recipie. Seriously, I made it
once and it went down a storm! People were freaked, but they ate it!

1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
2 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared (I like Bird'sŪ
dessert mix)
1 large pkg vanilla sandwich cookies
green food coloring
12 small Tootsie RollsŪ

1 new kitty litter pan
1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
1 new pooper scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).

Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.

Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor,
scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie
crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely
colored.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl.
Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled
pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it.
You don't want it too soggy. Combine gently.

Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie
mixture into the litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat
until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt,
curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the
mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter
the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything -- this is
supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.

Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them
on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining
Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it
over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with
cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the
cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!

Helen M