Old October 4th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Default Cat heart murmur and incompetent humane society vet

wrote:

It's probably better that their vet didn't detect the murmur since
Charlie is now in a good place instead of in their trash heap.

I agree completely!

I don't know if this helps but a friend of mine a few years back took
in a kitten who turned out to have a major bowel problem (The one where
part of the bowel telescopes into another part- believe me it is easier
to describe it than spell the proper term!). He survived major surgery
and then was found at 3 months to have a heart murmur

He was PTS for heart disease,,,Aged almost 19! Having never had heart
trouble until the last month or so of his life

Enjoy Charlie- just keep an eye on him. The vet told them them that the
murmur (which was occasionally heard throughout his life) was not a
cause of his demise and he was an active playful cat lively cat until
the last month or so

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs