Old July 24th 17, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_6_]

Default Losing Fur

On 2017-07-22 12:51 PM, MaryL wrote:
On 7/20/2017 5:07 AM, Cheryl wrote:
Kerry, my newish cat, seems to be lacking fur on part of her belly
near the back legs. I only just noticed - she loves being petted, but
like many cats, she takes exception to belly-rubs so I hadn't looked
at her belly in quite a while. I have an appointment with the vet for
her tomorrow - I hope it's just a bit of minor over-grooming.

Anyone have experience with cats losing fur?? She certainly grew it
all back after she was spayed about a year ago, and now, a largish
area is either very thin of or missing fur.

Is it possible that she has some food allergies? Many cats are allergic
to grains (especially corn). Of course, I know that you are already
careful of that, but it would be worthwhile to carefully look at the
list of ingredients, and also to use grain-free canned food.

I can double-check the food. I think it's odd it showed up now, since
there doesn't seem to have been any change in her living conditions. We
have had unusually good weather, so she's spending more time chittering
at the birds through the windows, but surely that's not stressing her out!

--
Cheryl