Old September 11th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default I'm turning into a dirty old man.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 05:28:32 +0000, mlbriggs
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:48:21 -0700, James wrote:

Tonight I let my pussy eat off my plate while I was having dinner.
She kept pestering me so I finally just let her lick my plate and have
a piece of meat knowing full well that I've caught her drinking out of
the toilet.

Of course I gave up a long time ago the habit of washing my hands
after playing with my pets

I guess by now you are used to each others germs. But it sounds icky!

Washing hands after playing with the cats? I'd rub all the skin off
them. I play with the cats all the time, petting or just letting one
sit on me. And I've let my cats sample some of my food (often ice
cream - no, not chocolate) and gone on to finish it. A few licks,
what's the big deal?

One of the boys will eat almost anything including vegetables, but
unlike Garfield, none of them want Lasagna. The sauce maybe.

I'm a big boy with a healthy immune system. I'm more concerned about
what I eat in restaurants than what I might get from my cats. And I'm
not very concerned about what I get in restaurants, or at least not
concerned enough to avoid them.

What I really try to avoid is allowing this behavior after they lick
their own (or another cat's) butt but I know it happens. Just don't
let me see it.