Old March 18th 04, 06:31 PM
whayface

Get someone to stay at your place when repair people or anyone has to enter the place!!
Very simple.

Okay. So I get home from work today, looking forward to having a functioning
kitchen light for the first time in a couple of months. I was a little
confused because it was a ceiling fan, not a replacement of the fluorescent
thing that had been up there. And then I looked around and notice something
exceedingly odd. My window was open. WIDE open. So were the blinds. And I
could only see the one cat, sitting on the bed, watching me. What's the
first thing I do? Tear around the apartment hunting for my other two, and my
absolutely petrified foster cat. None of them to be found. I flung open the
window and yelled 'here kitty kitty kitty' several times, and to my great
relief, my orange tabby Pandora pops up and meows at me, running toward the
window. By this time, I had called my landlord because I had requested
maintenance on the light. The receptionist calls back to tell me that both
the maintenance man and the maintenance manager insist THEY didn't open any
windows. At that point, I'm outside digging my shaved-a-week-ago new cat out
of one of those odd gutters built into the ground to keep the earth and
runoff away from the basement windows. I told the woman my cats don't have
opposable thumbs, so getting the window open is impossible for them, and
then hung up on her. I found the foster cat smashed against the wall, under
the bed, too afraid to move. Everybody's alright, though I'm still ****ed
off about it, and wondering how far I take this. I'll talk to the complex
manager on Monday (I don't have any choice, between office hours and my work
schedule, that's the first day I have off that they're open). I don't know
if I want the stupid ******* fired or reprimanded, or just to admit that he
did, in fact, leave the window open.