Old July 29th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Elizabeth Blake

Default pig ears for cats?

I was wondering if those smoked pig ears treats for dogs can be given to
cats. Isaac really wants to chew on stuff. Just before, as I was typing,
he leaned over the edge of the desk and began to gnaw on the arrow keys on
the keyboard. I just moved the pen/pencil cup out of reach to stop him from
teething on the handle of the scissors. He doesn't chew on cords
(thankfully), shoelaces or shoes, books and things like that. Mostly he
likes chewing on plastic. I thought some kind of treat would keep him busy
and let him satisfy his urge to chew but I'm not sure if a dog treat would
be safe.

A number of years ago when I was dogsitting my boss' two yellow labs at
work, they had pig ears and Stinky was very interested. After one dog got
up, she ran over to where he had been eating and licked up all of the loose
shards of pig ear he left behind.

--
Liz