Old June 20th 16, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_3_]

Default Kerry's had her surgery

"Cheryl" wrote in message
So Kerry was spayed last Friday, and was bright-eyed and alert and bouncy
when I picked her up mid-afternoon. I'm trying to keep her quiet and out
of the room with the highest furniture/perches except when I'm there, as
per the vet's instructions. The vet also recommended a cone collar, which
I managed to get on twice. The first time she got it off almost instantly,
and I thought the contortions she went through weren't good for her. I
tried again a day or so later, adjusting it a bit tighter. It stayed on a
little longer, but she still got it off and I haven't found it yet. Well,
she's not licking the incision, at least!

I was a bit surprised to find her belly shaved and quite a good-sized
incision there. Last time I had a cat spayed, the vet shaved a little
patch from one side and put the incision there. I googled, of course (what
did we do before google?) and found out that which choice is made depends
on the vet's training, preference and often location - the belly incision
being more common in North America, where I am, and the side one more
common in the UK.

--
Cheryl

Kerry hid the cone. That way you cant re apply it