Old February 26th 10, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Poor abandoned kitten!

Suddenly, without warning, Rene exclaimed (2/26/2010 4:28 PM):
Yes, keep trying! Can you call a rescue group or local shelter to see
if you can rent/borrow a trap?

I am. First visit to the hiding place, I thought it hadn't been back
and feared the worse. Later though, a coworker mentioned they'd seen it
ducking into a sewer drain - and when I rechecked where I'd thrown the
only food I could find (sausage links and a pattie) I realized the link
I'd tossed furthest into the "cave" was gone, and the pattie had been moved.

I don't work the weekend, but brought in a dry food sample that Meep
can't eat anyway (it's a good quality meat-based food), opened the top
of the bag and pushed it into the space. It'll be easy enough on Monday
to tell if the food's been touched, hopefully.

Someone at work has a trap, so Monday I'll see about arranging to trap it.

jmc