Old August 19th 03, 07:09 PM
Yngver

olitter (PawsForThought) wrote:

This probably shows how jaded I am about vets, but I think it could be that
some vets are dog people and don't really care for cats. Also, maybe it's
because doing cats is a lot easier since their feet are smaller and their
bones
easier to cut through.

The only time I've ever seen a vet address this question was to say that
declawing dogs is a little more difficult than declawing cats, but I'm not sure
why that is. He didn't say he wouldn't do it, however. I mean, the typical vet
response, if one is willing to declaw a dog, is often something to the effect
of "well, if it were that or have the dog euthanized . . ." Same as you hear
for cats--but it's curious that there are a lot fewer vets willing to submit to
that argument for dogs than for cats.