Old August 15th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default Just a sweet story

On 15 Aug, 00:52, Stan Brown wrote:
Purrs to all who responded.

I'd never seen this cat before, and I've kept an eye out since then
and haven't seen her/him.

If he/she was trying to adopt me, she/he may have thought "What's
wrong with this guy. It would be polite at least to offer me
something to at. I'm moving on!" Or he/she may come back.

I hard a couple people say "that cat chose you for a reason." We'll
see if I was chosen, or just visited. I'll report any new
developments.

One thing's sure, a declawed cat would be an indoor cat in my book.
(And no, I wouldn't have it done myself. I'm talking about if I
adopted one that had already been declawed.)

--
"The Internet is famously powered by the twin engines of
bitterness and contempt." -- Nathan Rabin, /The Onion/

On 15 Aug, 00:52, Stan Brown wrote:
Purrs to all who responded.

This was a really good story & brought a grin to my face every time I
thought about it. I'm so pleased that you shared it with us.
Generally, most posts are all to do with sick, rejected & sad stories,
so it was great to have one that uplifted the mood rather than
depressing it for a change.

I'd never seen this cat before, and I've kept an eye out since then
and haven't seen her/him.

I very much hope that you do see him. By the sound of him, he will let
you know if he is around in the neighborhood, that is for sure.......

If he/she was trying to adopt me, she/he may have thought "What's
wrong with this guy. It would be polite at least to offer me
something to at. I'm moving on!" Or he/she may come back.

Lol, probably, but then again, he might have just been buttering you
up ready for the Big- Bang when he comes back to stay.

I have had this happen before with a ginger fellow. I saw him around
several times, & one day he literally knocked on our door, walked
straight past me, & headed for the kitchen! I was so surprised that I
stood there with my jaw hung open....
He went straight for the cat bowls, & after a nice full belly, made
his way to the living room & plonked himself down on the softest chair
in the room. To this day it is still his favourite chair, & he allows
us to slave for him.

I hard a couple people say "that cat chose you for a reason." We'll
see if I was chosen, or just visited. I'll report any new
developments.

That would be wonderful, as long as you don't mind?

If I have learnt anything through this story, it is that the is a cat
shaped hole in your life, for sure! Give him a month or so, & if by
sheer bad luck, someone beat you to the bite to eat, I would say it's
time for you to go and collect a cat sized shape to fill that hole in
your life and heart too. I can tell that you have a lot of love to
share, & I'm certain that the right kitty is out there just waiting
for you to claim them.

I look forward to hearing from you again. Magic, Onyx or Blossom are
all nice names, now we need the candidate to accept it )
Best Wishes,
Sheelagh "o"