Old November 27th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default ugh, this kitty wants to knife me?

wrote in message

my girlfriend's cat cannot stand me. he pees on my pillow whenever i
visit and jumps on me at 5 a.m. while i'm sleeping. believe me, i'm
trying everything to be this cat's best friend: i buy him toys and try
to play with him, feed him, pet him etc.

if anyone has ever had to deal with this kind of love triangle, can
you tell me what you did to improve things?

thanks in advance.

We never had a problem as I've only once met a dog or cat that didn't adore
Charlie. (Where cats are concerned there will always be at least one
exception to everything)

For starters you need to look at your attitude. Ugh and knife are agressive
words.

Then I'd recommend you stop trying. It may make points with your girlfriend
but it won't make any points with most cats. Let him come to you. And
don't worry about being his best friend. It will be his choice.

The 5am thing BTW is just normal cat behavior. You may learn to sleep
though it. Or not.

Jo