Old October 2nd 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cheryl

Default My new kitten hates me

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message

I suppose he must be a sensitive little guy. He is not as resilient as
most other cats I have known and kept. Is there hope for a
reconciliation? Do these things become permanent and they hate you for
life? He just is so depressed and miserable and now so am I.

He detects your misery. Animals don't think in terms of permanent. They
live in the now. They also pick up on your emotions. Just give him his
space and do things to get him interested in you. Like sitting on the floor
and ignoring him. Or toss a few toys sort of nonchalantly. He'll come
around.