Old May 7th 04, 06:49 PM
Craig Petersen

James Marz wrote:

What would you do if your daughters boyfriend did this to your cats?

rant
Personally I would treat this dickless piece of **** in the same manner.
What would happen to me would be irrevelant, as long as I had the
satisfaction beating the **** out of a sadistic animal abuser. Animal
abusers are PUSSYS, they pick on the most defenseless beings on the
planet, they cannot contribute ANYTHING usefull to society. If I seem a
bit extreme it's because most, if not ALL animal abusers get nothing
more than an insulting slap on the wrist.

I don't consider pets to be "property" or "things to be owned", that's
what your DVD and or TV are for. Animals are beings, just like you and
me. They are just unfortunate enough to be born on a planet that is
populated by a bunch of sadistic cannibals (AKA Man). If you have pets
you are their GUARDIAN ( you don't OWN them anymore that you would OWN
your children ), and are 100% responsible for their well being.
/rant

This was taken from an article by Amber Hunt Martin.

start article

It wasn't just that Edward Baker allegedly bashed the cat in the face.
Or that he chased it around the blood-spattered laundry room. Or that
he extinguished cigarettes on another cat's paws.

It was, authorities said, that he acted methodically, intentionally.

Baker, 20, is charged with animal torture, a felony punishable by up
to 4 years in prison upon conviction. Police said Baker was living
with his 17-year-old girlfriend and her family when he began
tormenting and beating two orange tabbies named Crystal and Haley,
ages 8 and 3.

Crystal had been bashed in the face with a bottle of laundry detergent
so hard, her teeth pierced the bottle. The impact broke her lower jaw
and cracked her sternum and upper jaw.

Her daughter, Haley, had singed fur and charred, black paw pads,
apparently from being burned by a lighter or cigarettes.

Both cats are healing at home, said their owner, Kim Steis.

"They're still a little afraid when someone walks down the hallway,"
she said Tuesday. "I don't think they'll ever be the same."

Steis, whose daughter Tia is still dating Baker, said the man moved
into her Clinton Township ranch in December. Baker seemed friendly,
she said, but the cats clearly didn't like him.

Steis discovered that Haley's left front leg was broken in January.
Steis didn't know how it happened, but she noticed that the usually
people-friendly pet raced from a room when Baker entered.

Then, on Feb. 21, she heard Crystal wailing in the laundry room.

She said she found the cat on her back near the furnace, hissing at
Baker, who hovered nearby.

Crystal's mouth was bloody and swollen; both eyes were bruised.

Steis has paid $1,767 in veterinarian bills.

Baker's girlfriend is standing by him and has offered to testify on
his behalf.

end article

Well, What would you like to do or say to this man?

James Marz

For full article
http://www.freep.com/news/locmac/peta14_20040414.htm