Old January 19th 05, 06:29 AM
asylumboss

Very interesting. Thanks for the input here folks. Guess it's time

find a new cat food for the fuzzy ones.

-F

I have two Bengals (4 and 1 Years old) and a festively plump 13 year
old tabby. The tabby can eat almost any good kind of food (ones found
at pet stores, not corner stores) without much change to his fur,
energy, stool, weight, etc. However, one of the Bengals has a very
sensitive stomach and both Bengals have nasty smelling stool. The older
Bengal was being fed Kirkland food for the first 3 years, then I got
him and he had really runny, nasty stool at my house. I tried all kinds
of things and finally was buying Sensitive Stomach food (Science diet)
for 25 dollars for a 10 lb bag. I do not have a Costco membership and
therefore was not buying it....also figured these more expensive ones
would be better. Long story short- a year later- I have switched to
Kirkland food and for the first time ever this cat has solid stool, and
more of it- it is quite bulky. (don't know if that is bad) And now I
spend 10 dollars for a 20 lb bag- a MUCH better deal! Anyway, they
still look good- I have also started adding hemp seed oil for their fur
and digestion. Seems to be working and the breeder swears by this food-
it does not have much corn in it and this is good as it is hard to
digest.
Traditionally, Bengals can have digestive issues. Hope this helps!