Old January 13th 17, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

Default Preferred Golf Ball

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 20:52:18 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Hopefully you don't have any fishing lures with
feathers and hooks laying around.

Heavens no. I have two of the largest tackle boxes I could find, chock full of
lures and other gear - but everything is securely contained in those boxes and
nicely organized therein, not laying around where Minnie can get at it. I only
just got her at the end of October, but my fishing gear and radio gear (I'm a
ham operator) are two things I've always kept well organized, so that was two
things I didn't have to worry about putting that stuff away when she moved in.
The drawstrings on the window blinds, on the other hand...but that's a story all
by itself.

If that hadn't been the case - well, you hit the nail on the head, Jill...among
other things, she's definitely attracted to feathers. I had gotten a cat toy
with a catnip-scented mouse on one of those kitty fishing poles that had a
couple of feathers on it. The first time we played with it, one of the feathers
came off. It took the rest of the evening for her to finally leave it so I could
get rid of it without her seeing me do it and getting mad at me...and of course
the whole time I had to watch her to make sure she didn't decide to eat it.

Now I'm just waiting for the other one to come off too... :-)

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY