Old January 19th 17, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Preferred Golf Ball

On 1/18/2017 3:03 AM, John Kasupski wrote:

What if our cats regard the items they leave in our shoes as having been placed
on deposit with us for safe keeping until they return to reclaim them later?

"I'm finished playing with this ball for now, but I don't want it getting eaten
by that nasty, noisy, no-good, ill-mannered vacuum cleaner of yours - so kindly
hang on to it for me until I'm done with the four-hour nap I'm about to go take,
on your bed of course, and I'll be back for it later!"

Which leads, four hours and thirty seconds later, to: "Why am I attacking your
feet, you ask? Because, you impossibly slow-witted human, my favorite ball is no
longer in your flip-flops where I left it earlier! And don't bother trying to go
laying a guilt trip on me by claiming you put them on to go out on the patio and
water the catnip plants, because it's much too chilly this morning to be wearing
flip-flops out there! So take THAT and THAT and..."

Exit human screaming, stage left, with cat in hot pursuit. Fade to black. Roll
credits. Be sure to join us next week, when we'll see what happens when Buffy
catches Jill having the unmitigated audacity to make tuna casserole without
offering Buffy some tuna first. (WARNING: Contains graphic violence. May not be
suitable for young audiences)

I know - it's no more than a theory that happens to fit the facts, with no proof
to back it up. Still, it would explain more than one aspect of cat behavior...

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

LOL It's as good an explanation as any. BTW, I don't know about Buffy
but Persia absolutely despised tuna. Early on I had to give Persia a
pill. The vet suggested hiding it in some water-packed human tuna:
she'll love it! Persia looked at me like "You expect me to EAT this?!"
She never cared for fishy cat food, either. Chicken, turkey, beef,
yep. In subsequent years I discovered Greenies Pill Pockets (chicken),
which usually worked.

Jill