Old December 30th 11, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default Do cats eat more in winter?

Our two cats, Agatha and Edgar, seem to have bigger appetites now that the
weather is colder. Either I am giving them better food (I have not changed
their menu much) or they need more food because it's winter.

I think they eat most in autumn, having evolved to try to lay down fat
stores ahead of the leanest time of year. Ours aren't eating a lot at
the moment, compared with two months ago.