Old December 30th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
[email protected]

Default Mike the cat has unknown illness...

Thanks lesley -

Yes, he did have hyperthyroid, which is being treated - his heart rate
is normal now--as for these other issues nothing turns up, but they
gave him a steriod shot and subcu hydration and potassium, he is better
for now. Hopefully it wills tay that way, but it hasn't in the past...

Thanks for your help

Lesley wrote:
wrote:
We love our Mikey cat so much, but the vet can't figure out what is
wrong. He is such a good boy.

Our cat Mike is a 10 year old DSH and we love him so much. He is
mostly indoor but does go outside for short outings daily. He cries
inconsolably a lot and seems to not want to jump like he used to.

The crying makes me wonder if he's hyper (or hypo) thyroid..I've heard
(no experience of it myself) that it can be a sign of the above- both
treatable.

Ask the vet to make sure but it sounds like you have a good vet and you
are a good slave for taking such care of him.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs