Old August 23rd 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default Picky eater

On 23 Aug, 01:48, "cindys" wrote:
"bookie" wrote in message

ups.com...

best of luck and don't worry as no cat will starve itself to death
bookie

--------
Bookie, I agree with everything you wrote (although I snipped it for
brevity), but I can't agree with your last statement (above). If a cat
doesn't eat for as little as a few days, it can develop liver disease. The
rule of thumb regarding dogs that they will eat when they get hungry enough
does not apply to cats. Cats will allow themselves to starve if they don't
like the food. This poster must try everything to get his cat to eat.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

sorry but i have just never seen it happen myself, i would also wonder
whether the cat is getting food elsewhere as can be the case
sometimes. find out if there is a little old lady up the road who does
a nice line in fried chicken or braised livers or something