Old September 22nd 04, 11:12 PM
Mary

"Alun" wrote

Hey Jimmy, is it safe for Rutherford to go outside?

We had a declawed cat who used to use our son's carpet instead of the

litter box. We didn't have him declawed, his previous owner was made to get
rid of him by her homeowner's association (usual petty dictators).

I think that there is a definite possibility that being declawed means he

doesn't like stepping on cat litter. Unfortunately we never figured that
out at the time, but it makes sense. Do try the special cat litter that
someone suggested.

I agree--I had a cat that was declawed--I actually had it done before I
realized what it really was, no excuse, I know--and she didn't like to
handle the litter either, so she would not cover her poo. I eventually
trained her to by taking her paws and gently covering her mess. But I do
think her mutilated paws had something to do with why she wouldn't cover it
up.