Old September 28th 04, 07:52 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Mimi, sweet-pea that she is, likes to curl up nest to my pillow (purring
volume turned UP) when I lay (lie?) in bed reading, usually on the side
nearest the edge of the bed. When she gets to a reaaaaaly good part in her
kitty dreams, she starts moaning & chirping as she purrs, and she then gets
restless, curling this way, then that way, doing upside-downey head, hiding
her face from the evil light, when all of a sudden - THUMP, she's on the
floor. Having squirmed her way closer to my shoulder, she narrowly missed
hitting the corner of the nightstand (we have those extra-thick pillow-top
mattresses, so the nightstand is about 1/2 an inch below the top of the
mattress). I look over to make sure she's not hurt (beside her pride), and
that her hard little head didn't put a dent in the 79-year-old hardwood
floor, and she just hops right back up to finish her nap. The other day, she
did this *TWICE*, within 10 minutes!!!! Talk about power napping.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"Norm" wrote in message

Well, maybe she wasn't drunk (haven't given them fresh catnip in days!)
but Case rolled over in her sleep and fell to the floor with a thump.
Sssh! She looked at me to see if I noticed but I kept looking at the
monitor so she climbed back on the stool again. Innkeeper! Set'em up
again! Norm (she's by far the loudest snoring cat I've ever see^H^H^H
heard)

--
"The web has got me caught. I'd rather have the blues than what I've
got." via Nat King Cole