Old August 2nd 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default Best food for cats with cystitis

On 2 Aug, 05:20, "Rick Ulrich" wrote:
Hi ...
One of our cats has bouts of cystitis and a person at work said she was
told, don't know by whom, that cats should not eat canned foods with fish in
it if they have cystitis.

Is anyone have knowledge of this and if so what would be the reason? The
only canned food Saffie will eat is Fancy Feast Fish and Shrimp.

We want her to eat more canned food because all dry food diet isn't good for
cats with cystitis or crystals.

Thanks, Rick & Rob

Hi,
I don't have a cat with cystitis, so I did a quick search, & the
overwhelming consensus of opinion by people who post here, is that you
must try and make sure that you keep your cat away from Dried food, &
introduce wet food only. It might be an idea for you to Ping Rene or
Jmc, because I think their cats have suffered with the same problem,
so they will be able to speak from experience, & provide better more
correct information than I can.
alternatively, in the space @ the top of the page where it Say's
search group, put in Best food for cats with cystitis, & you will come
up with all of the information on the archives that are on here
regarding the same problem. Be sure to write it in the "search this
group", before pressing return button.

Try this link. it might help you:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec...9ae16cd6fed254

Good Luck & I hope others might be able to help you a bit better than
I can. It is certainly quite a common complaint, so you will get help
here.,

Sheelagh "o"