Old August 3rd 07, 11:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sheelagh >o

Default Best food for cats with cystitis

On 2 Aug, 19:42, "Rene S." wrote:
\ I don't have a cat with cystitis, so I did a quick search, & the

overwhelming consensus of opinion by people who post here, is that you
must try and make sure that you keep your cat away from Dried food, &
introduce wet food only. It might be an idea for you to Ping Rene or
Jmc, because I think their cats have suffered with the same problem,
so they will be able to speak from experience, & provide better more
correct information than I can.
alternatively, in the space @ the top of the page where it Say's
search group, put in Best food for cats with cystitis, & you will come
up with all of the information on the archives that are on here
regarding the same problem. Be sure to write it in the "search this
group", before pressing return button.

Hello,

Yes, my cat had bladder stones a number of years ago and I've since
switched to canned (now raw) food. I urge you to switch to canned
food. The added moisture flushes the kidneys, preventing concentrated
urine from building up and causing UTIs, stones, etc. I can also
relate to a cat who does not like canned food! With patience and
persistance, you can switch your cat too.

As for the fish in cat food, that's something I personally tend to shy
away from. I tend to feed things cats might eat in the wild: rabbit,
chicken, turkey. Since one of my cat has had several illnesses, I
figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

Here's a few articles you might find helpful:http://www.catinfo.orghttp://www.cat...nd_Their_Ties_...
(scroll to the cystitis section)http://www.catinfo.org/#Transitionin...o_Canned_Food_

Tut, Tut,
Trust Sheelagh to get even that wrong. Sorry Rene!!

I skimmed over the text & as the word cystitis came up a few times I
"assumed" that you had been through it. Wrong of me, I know, but right
in as far as I thought you would know more than I did.
(That wouldn't be too hard)
Anyway, thanks for the advice, & next time I will read more than 3
posts just to make sure, Lol
Apologies,
Sheelagh"o"