Old October 6th 12, 08:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default coconut safe for dogs & cats?

I give both my cats & dogs coconut milk & oil. They love it!! I add some plain canned pumpkin in & that's their treat. My animals are very healthy & have beautiful coats.
I rescued a barn kitten that was accidentally stepped on by my horse by giving it warm coconut milk & coconut water. No one expected it to live, not even me. But I had read about coconut water being a life saving tool & tried it. To my surprise she went from horrific trauma & next to no life to alert & hopeful within the first 24 hours. And within a week she was feeding herself & playing. I raised her on Goats milk & with coconut milk mixed in. She is almost a year old & healthy as a "horse". =•]
I also switched to drinking only coconut milk. My hair & skin have never been healthier. And I use coconut oil & grape seed oil for my face & skin conditioner.
And the coconut oil is used in our barn & house. All the animals are crazy for it.
Coconut products have truly been miraculous for us. I have one dog I have to watch because He will drink his coconut milk too fast & try to drink someone else's too. He will get sick if he does this. So He is supervised.
I was told Vets are starting to recommend coconut milk for puppies. Our litter of puppies enjoyed it 2x a day. They are very healthy & never had any health issues.
And I have not tried it but told actual coconuts are great treats for dogs.. They enjoy eating the meat & it is healthy for their teeth to chew on the shell.
Hope that helps. =•)