Old September 3rd 06, 02:09 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community
Beth

Default Cat shedding hair.

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message
In news The Polish-Kraut purred:
Rhetorical Question:

Why is it that I can brush my Sam's hair for hours on end and get
hardly a hair but as soon as I hold him to trim nail, medicate, or
whatever he sheds so much that I look like I have more cat hair on me
then he does ?!?!?

My furbabies

http://members.aol.com/larrystark/

Because cats can shed hair as a "defense" when stressed. If a larger
predatory animal were to grab them, and only manage to grab the fur - an
easy escape is then managed.

Also, if you saw a potential dinner that was shedding it's fur, you
wouldn't be too appetized by it, would you? I know I'm thinking in human
terms, but well, I thought it was worth mentioning
That's true. My Butterscotch doesn't shed too much at home. I usually
only find hair in her favorite spots and it takes a few days between
cleanings to see that. But, when I take her to the vet for her yearly
check up, my car is COVERED in fur. I took her about a week ago for her
rabies shot update and she refused to go into her carrier so I carried her.
She clung to me and shed everywhere! I took her out of the car at the vet
and just brushed a ton of her fur off in the parking lot with just my hand.
She hates leaving because she's an indoor only cat. She was definitely
stressed and she definitely shed more because of it!