Old December 3rd 10, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Moe is slipping away

wrote:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 18:49:38 -0800, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

The above is kind of the reason why I side with those who put their
kitties (and other pets) down sooner rather than later. My feelings
stem from the
realization that the Uniuverse is billions of years old, and we
animals and
people only occupy it for the briefest bit of time. If your cat has
lived a
good life, and is comfortable with you, then what does it really
matter (to
him) if he dies in your arms from a vets shot? It really only
matters to
you. As far as he's concerned, he was happy one minute, and dead the
next.
So, most people who keep their pets alive for as long as possible,
are just
risking their needless suffering for the gratification of their
owners. At 75, I am looking forward to spending weeks or months
suffering in some
nursing home bed dying by inches. What a blessing it would be for me
to just
pass away in my sleep without ever knowing what hit me?

From what you've revealed of yourself in this note, I can only say the
sooner the better.

Your cat has that opportunity. Why would you deny him that because
of your own selfishness?

Is that the best you can come up with? You must have been the capitan of
your high school debating society......Well, you may do what you please with
your pets, but I have some compassion for their suffering. When they can no
longer get any pleasure out of their lives, I put them down. You,
(apparently) force them to suffer for your own pleasure. Probably because
(like most liberals I know) you consider life, at any cost) to be the most
important thing in the universe. A pet doe3sn't know why he/she is
suffering. They can't blame it on God, as can I. So, they think they did
something wrong, or displeased you in some way. You can't explain to them
that the great christion creator of the universe wants them to suffer for no
logical reason, and that we are all trapped in this place without any
escape. So, they die thinking that its something they did. Have a nice day,
you asshole.