Old December 6th 10, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Moe is slipping away

On Mon, 6 Dec 2010 08:27:57 -0600, "SJ"
wrote:

This must be so difficult for you. Cats are so little but they are such
wonderful beings.
And when they are part of our homes, and we get to know them, they become
even more important to us. It is not easy to see a pet going through the
last stages of an illness. I hope that you will find comfort in the other
poster's words to "spoil him rotten" and that he will let you know when it's
time to go.

Thank you. Saturday night I thought for a minute he was gone. He was
sleeping in front of the fire and, one by one, the other three cats
and the two dogs came by and sniffed at him. I thought they were
saying goodbye. Later, Moe's head fell and I thought he was gone, but
found him still breathing.

He can still jump from floor to counter, walk, and respond to
affection, so we carry on.