Old August 16th 04, 09:41 PM
Sharon Talbert

I have discovered that small kittens are very handy about climbing into
bushes. I rescued one litter by plucking them out of the shrubbery like
so much ripened fruit. Our favorite feral momcat may even have given
birth in her favorite holly tree, though we could never confirm that. I
remember one instance, where we found her hiding in the tree, staring down
at us, and then watched her disappear from sight as we watched, just like
the Cheshire Cat.

I would be willing to bet that coyotes have inspired your colony to take
to the trees. Birds are probably not in great danger, unless they are
nesting in the cats' favorite climbing spots. It's the fledglings that
are mostly taken, and that when they are on the ground.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats