Old November 4th 03, 12:54 PM
Wendy

Default Feeding questions

We have a 16 year old spayed female tabby, Tigger, who has a tendency to be
overweight. We got her down to 9 lbs. but this is still a little heavy for
her frame. It is imperative to keep her weight down as she has arthritis.

We also have a 1-2 yr. old long hair spayed female, Isabel. We recently
adopted her from a local shelter and she appeared to be grossly overweight
(her picture was in the dictionary next to bowling ball). We are trying to
get her down to a healthy weight.

Our third cat, Boots, is 12 weeks old. He is the last of a litter of kittens
we ended up bottle feeding when Mom took off and left them on our property.
The last of his siblings were adopted last Saturday.

Now to the feeding question. Since Boot's siblings have left he has decided
he doesn't want to eat the kitten food. He wants to eat the same food as the
adult cats. How long should he be on kitten food? I hesitate to ask as I
gather there is a debate over dry and wet food but should he be on more
"wet" food because he is a male? He doesn't seem to want to eat much at one
sitting but would rather munch during the day. This is a challenge as Isabel
is a total chow hound and must be watched like a hawk or she'll eat the
kitten food if left out.

Any suggestions how to handle the needs of all these guys so that they all
get what they need?